1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.6 and PS2 v13

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rhawes, Feb 18, 2007.

1. rhawes

rhawes Member

Yes I am looking for the best place to purchase the swap magic disks from and have came across this website with a pretty cheap sale price

http://www.allmodchip.com/Swap_Magic_36_Combo_NTSC_p_16156.html

the problem however is under the compatibility listing it only suggests from v1 - v12

my question is if the Swap Magic 3.6 disks will work under a tape modded v13 slimline?

If not which set of swap disks do I need to purchase to run backups/imports?

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

And just how would you "slide" the disc out of a slim PS2? That's for the old fat style PS2. You have to either use magic keys to hold down the open/close sensors or a custom top mod with a slim PS2. Swap Magic will work fine with either of those.

3. rhawes

rhawes Member

I have it tape modded...I opened the case and depressed the censor with tape and placed tissue in the little hole under the lid...I know it is working because I can boot games up with the lid open so I was just asking if this version of Swap Magic is compatible with v13 of the slimlines before I purchase the disks.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  4. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

im shocked memnock doesnt know what tape mod is as a senior member.listen you have the best mod for the slim ps2 there is.all u need is swap magic 3.6 and thats it.enjoy your easy mod.peace homez