1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.6 Better than 3.3 or is it even available?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TXCross, Apr 7, 2005.

1. TXCross

TXCross Guest

Does it matter whether I go with Swap Magic 3.3 or 3.6? I am pricing combo sets (flip-top and Swap Magic). Some sites list the 3.6 and some list the 3.3.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all.

TXC

2. pretense

pretense Regular member

Quoted directly from the Swap Magic 3 site:

"Swap Magic Plus v3.6(Note 1) not only [bold]inherited the features of Swap Magic v3.3[/bold], but also included an advanced function - Programs Loader. This function allows you to load your own programs which are stored in USB mass storage device/memory card. Just plug in the USB mass storage device/memory card and boot your PS2 with Swap Magic Plus v3.6. Then, your program will be loaded automatically. Easy, fast and hassle free!!! It could be the most useful and advanced development tools that you've ever seen!!!"

So you can safely assume you aren't missing much by going with 3.3 instead of the newer 3.6, unless you have some unfathomable need to load homebrew programs via USB. The fact that it's otherwise identical to the 3.3 set has been reported on other sites as well. It's a bit strange that they didn't improve game compatibility a bit, but I suppose the compatibility with the 3.3 was already excellent to begin with. You can check my working/non-working/patch list in the PS2 software boot forum for details on Swap Magic 3.3 compatibility.

3. TXCross

TXCross Guest

Pretense,

Thanks for the information. Take Care...TXC