1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic 3.6 dvd not working on 77001 slim ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jhardluck, Apr 20, 2007.

1. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

Please help me. My swap magic worked fine with my old PS2 before I had to replace it with the new 77001 slim ps2. I tried my SM 3.6 in the new unit and it does not recognize it. The SM cd works fine and so do my original bought ps2 dvd games. I tried everything so, I took my new PS2 back to the store and swapped it for another 77001 and I am still having the same problem. The first new ps2 I bought was one of the silver ones and the replacement was one of the black units. I tried the SM dvd on a neighbors older PS2 and it recognized it fine. Please help me.

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

you need to use an aftermarket fliptop, magic keys or use the tape and tissue method in order to press down the sensors....just using swap magic 3.6 wont cut it.

3. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

I tried the tissue tape method and the system still could not recognize the sm dvd. sm cd did fine. I was going to order a flip top like I had for my old system. It was easy for my kids to use but, I do not want to order it if the system will not recognize the sm dvd.

4. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Sounds like the SM dvd is damaged. If the cd works fine then there is 0 reason for the dvd not to. If you have some extra cash, might as well buy a new 3.6 set, or better yet a mod chip. Tape and tissue mod is golden if you dont want to waste the extra dough on a flip-top, i would recommend obtaining a new set though and give it another shot.

5. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

THE DVD IS RECOGNIZED ON A NEIGHBORS OLDER PS2 FINE. I HAVE SCENE FORUMS OF OTHER PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS USING SM 3.6 WITH THE NEW 77001 SLIM AND WANTED TO MAKE SURE IT WILL WORK BEFORE I SPEND THE MONEY BUYING A NEW ONE.

6. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Actually, to be honest with you, it's probably a bad burn or whatever. I had the same problem with the first SM disc set they sent me. The SM CD disc worked perfectly on both my fatty and slim, however, the DVD disc was horribly damaged or impropotional and couldn't clip properly onto the clip where you place the disc to hold when using the slim PS2. And strangely, when I used it on my fat PS2, it managed to read it but my slim had no chance whatsoever. Try asking for a replacement if the place you bought it from lets you. Btw, about it not working on the slim, I believe it has to do with the burn of it; although, of course, it is just hypothetically speaking from a standpoint of knowing nothing whatsoever on how they do burn a SM disc based on a complete hunch and assumption. shrugs

7. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

I contacted the company I bought my Swap Magic dvd thru and they will not replacement. They also suggested the possibility that the 3.6 may not work on the slim 77001 model. As I said I have tried 2 different 77001 units and neither recognized the dvd. I want to verify if anyone has ever gotten the 3.6 Swap Magic DVD or a 3.8 Swap Magic Coder dvd to work with the ps2 77001 model. I just want to make sure before I buy a replacement dvd. Please Help.

8. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I have a silver slim PS2, and I gotten my SM 3.8 coder disc set to work and run properly on it. Too bad about no replacement. The place I bought it from gave me one except I had to pay the shipping back to them, but it was a cheap price to pay for such a convience.

9. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

OK anyone else have any suggestions on if I should get another SwapMagic 3.6 or get the 3.8 coder. I have only heard from one person that got a 3.8 to work with a 77001 slim ps2. Don't know if anyone has gotten the 3.6 to work. I am going to order a flip top for the slim model like I previously had on my fat ps2. Any more suggestions on which to get with the flip top and best site to order it from. The site I used the last time "ps2fliptop.net" has raised their shipping cost so, I was looking for a better deal at other sites. Please help. Which should I get and where.