1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.6 DVD on a slim PS2 (loading problems)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Invader3K, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Invader3K

Invader3K Member

Hi all. I have a fliptop properly installed on my slimline PS2 (it's the new silver version of the PS2). I also have the Swap Magic 3.6 boot discs. The CD one always boots right away, however, I can very rarely get the DVD one to load up. Usually, it will start reading, and get to the screen that says "Playstation 2" in white, but then the screen goes black, and nothing else happens, while the disc continues to spin. I am simply trying to play an import PS2 game (not a copy). I know other people have had similar issues. I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Maybe your PS2 has problem reading DVDs or you might just have gotten a bad burn. How come all the swap magic related problems appear on the slimline?

3. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

my mate had the same problem. It was his disk thet was too scratched

4. Invader3K

Invader3K Member

The PS2 is brand new (just purchased earlier this week) and reads everything else fine. The disc does not appear to have any scratches. I suspect this is related to the problems others have reported on this forum in regards to the Swap Magic DVD disc being faulty or hard to read. I was hoping someone might have a workaround for this or other solution. (And no, putting in a modchip isn't really a good option right now).