1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.6 freezes?!?!?! why?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by I)ickie, Apr 19, 2005.

1. I)ickie

I)ickie Member

Hi,
    Before i start im new to this. I have tried my best to read other posts to work out my problems but i think im doing the burning right but my swap magic keeps freezing at the start program screen (only after i click x to play my backup). I tried it with several backups and then with an original version of devil may cry 3. Every time it froze after i hit x to load the game and the screen stopped responding. I even tried it with one of my cd game back ups. Any sugestions. One thing to add is that for all my backups for some reason dvd decrypter wouldnt let me burn less than 4x even when i selected 1x it burnt at 4x. any sugestion on that would be handy too.
    Thanks
    sorry for huge post

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I know That the speed either depends on your burner, or the media speed. I set mine at 1X every time, but it burns at around 3.9X anyway.
    But always works. Not sure why the Swap Magic would be Freezing up unless it is a bad disc. I do not have 3.6 but i know my 3.3 works fine.

3. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

ive got 3.6 and mine works fine.

i know what you mean about the burn speed, I set mine at 1x and it burns at 2.4x, but they always work

4. I)ickie

I)ickie Member

Could someone with swapmagic maybe try it with an original to see whether it works for them. I just want to double check that its not my swap magic disks.
    Thanks
    p.s. just double checking that if my playstation is version 4-7 (checked by 8 screws and danger warning on the bottom) that their shouldnt be any compatability issues.
    Thanks

5. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

you answered your own question.if the original game did the same thing then you know its not your backups causing the problem.rememeber to lock the game tray back into place after swapping out and pushing back in,if you havent done that already.also make sure you are using the dvd disc not the cd disc of swap magic(they look the same)

and yes, original games boot with swap magic.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2005