1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.6 help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by firmbiz27, Feb 14, 2007.

1. firmbiz27

firmbiz27 Member

Hey guys, I have had my Swap Magic 3.6 disc's for around 1yr. and a half. I use them with the flip top for my older PS2, but here recently i have noticed that whenever I insert the SM3.6 to play my backups it takes like 10 of 15 tries before it finally reads the boot disc. I have check my original games to see if thay are having a similar issue, but they read just fine. So i put back in the SW and it sounds as if the laser is looking for a place to start reading the disc, but just cant find it, and it is making an aweful noise (sounds kind of like grinding or maybe the laser isnt able to go down far enough to start the read) when it starts reading the disc and i guess it just times out and gives me a cannot read disc error. So what i am wondering is do I need a new swap magic disc and if so what do you reccomend, or do I need to try and clean my lens, or do you have any other tips. Thanks guys

2. MSAA9993

MSAA9993 Regular member

Your lens is starting to fail. I suggest you replace the lens.

3. firmbiz27

firmbiz27 Member

How easy is that to do, is there a tut on it?

4. kunit1

kunit1 Member

maybe its just your SM disc
    it might has a deep scrach

5. firmbiz27

firmbiz27 Member

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I think I am going to try and buy another copy, is there a newer version out there or a better one out there that anyone could reccomend I get over 3.6. Any info, thanks.

Jeremy