1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic 3.6 or coder 3.8 for PS2 slim

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jhardluck, Apr 25, 2007.

1. jhardluck

jhardluck Member

Anyone have any suggestions on if I should get another SwapMagic 3.6 or get the 3.8 coder. My old swap magic 3.6 will not work with my new slim 77001 ps2. I have only had one person tell me that they got a 3.8 to work with a 77001 slim ps2. Don't know if anyone has gotten the 3.6 to work. I am going to order a flip top for the slim model like I previously had on my fat ps2. Any suggestions on which disc to get with the flip top and best site to order it from. Please help. Which should I get and where.

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I suppose you can get the SM coder 3.8 disc set for the silver slim PS2 because I have. Although I can't say for certain, I know for sure my friend has gotten his SM 3.6 disc to work on his v15 silver slim PS2, however, I can't get his SM disc set to work on my v15 PS2. it's strange to say the least. Same old SCH-xxxxx number code too. If I were you, just get the SM 3.8 coder to avoid these little nuisances because it isn't for certain it happens for all i.e. just like how a certain brand of blank media works good specifically for some while others struggled with those brands but have had better results with choosing another.

3. Almakra

Almakra Guest

i am using 3.8 coder with my black slim and it works a treat! i would recommend it as it comes with action replay built in and is supposed to work on any ps2.

got it on ebay but ive seen it else where for £20