1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.6 won't boot

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by silver6, Oct 27, 2007.

1. silver6

silver6 Member

I have just bought a Swap Magic kit, installed it in my PS2, and it boots fine with original games with the kit installed.

The problem is tho, that neither the CD or DVD version of Swap Magic 3.6 will boot.

When I insert the CD version, it boots up like if i didnt have any disc in the PS2, to the menu where i can choose Browse and Configurations.

When I insert the DVD version, it goes a bit further, and tries to boot it up, but ends up saying "No data disc" (or something like that) and asks for a PS2 data disc instead.

What is going wrong on my Swap Discs? As I would really like it to work.

My PS2:
    Type: Slim
    Model: 70004 (7000x)

2. Claret85

Claret85 Member

ever recalibrated your laser?

dunno about the DVD one, but sometimes i have trouble getting the CD to boot, ittl cycle up then stop. i just readjust the laser, and it works better.

not sure if you should even do this, but cleaning the lens seems to help. i use diluted alcohol and a q-tip. but that might be bad, no ones told me otherwise and ive gotten results out of it.

3. silver6

silver6 Member

I went to the store and got the discs changed, even tho swapmagic.com (and the disc cover) says it works for all versions, it doesnt. Got new discs, and im up and running.