1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic 3.6

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cush78, Mar 6, 2007.

1. cush78

cush78 Member

I DL the Swap magic 3.6 for use to play backed up PS2 games. Can I use the DL version, if I burn to a DVD?...or must I buy the actual CD?

Thanks!!!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

You must buy an actual, authentic Swap Magic, a set usually contains a CD and DVD disc to play your corresponding PS2 game, whether it may be a CD-Based game or on a DVD5. (no dual-layer games work I believe with SM unless you rebuild it -- I think). Being able to download Swap Magic and using a burn copy of it would totally negate the use of buying any other form of reading imports/backed-up games. Two methods of playing backed-up games: (1) a soft-mod including a set of SM discs which usually contain a CD and DVD version, or (2) soldering a mod-chip yourself or hire someone to install one for you.

There's also a few alternatives. There's the possibility of using an exploit of some sort, however I don't have much information regarding this one, and then, playing a game using HDadvance and a harddrive of a particular, compatible format and usually 'most' PS2s will work with this I believe though I am not certainly sure 100%.