1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3.8 CD not working

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by mirbramo, Feb 23, 2013.

1. mirbramo

mirbramo Member

i have a ps2 slim, and the swap magic dvd works very well. but the cd version doesn't even load at all, and i need it to load cd backups. so does anyone know how to either fix the cd version, or possibly use the dvd (working) one to load cd backups? or possibly convert a cd based game to dvd to load with the dvd one? i just want a way to load my cd backups, any solutions are appreciated. thanks in advance!

2. xbkrypt0n

xbkrypt0n Active member

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

If i remember right sony figured out how to block certain swap magic disks on certain models i know the dvd version has always worked but the cd version stopped about 3 years ago

4. mirbramo

mirbramo Member

They are ps2 games. I actually already tries that guide and it didn't work. It says it's for use with esr... I don't know what that is. It also said I should patch it like I would normally do with esr. I have no idea what it's talking about. Could you please shed some light?

5. xbkrypt0n

xbkrypt0n Active member

ESR is for FreeMcBoot (modding PS2 with just a memory card), if you're not using it, just ignore the ESR stuff.