1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3 Help Needed

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Chaco, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Chaco

Chaco Member

Ok.So I've gone throughall the various stickies and I'm still confused about why my swap magic wont load games. The farthest Ive gotten is to the stage where after it refreshes the TOC and asks me to put in my own disc. After that I just see it flash a bit of red then go to the ps2 screen that says "Please insert a PS or PS2 format disc." and that's it. After this I've tried loading a normal ps2 disc, but with that it just goes to the "Browser" screen(like from the ps2's main menu, but I get there after inserting the normal ps2 disc). So my question is where did I go wrong? And how do I get to be able to play my backups??

2. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Your back ups may be recorded wrong. Other than that I cant see any troubles it is very simple.

3. Chaco

Chaco Member

Well, I used nero to burn my backup. It very well may have been that I did it wrong, because I'm still a bit new to nero. IF you could link me to guide to a different burning program, or to nero. Either would help :D

4. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

I had trouble with everyones favorite NERO myself, I suggest Alcohol 120%. I have been in your situation and that was the only time the problem that you state had accrued for me.

I can use alcohol, run it on 4x and it works flawless with no complications what so ever and I dont recall ever doing anything extra. Also check the disk you are backing up, it may be damaged and not reading while it is being ripped properly.

5. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Click on the links automatically made and you'll find info on both.

6. Chaco

Chaco Member

Well, I used Alcohol, but the same "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation2 format disc." message appeared (after swap magic flashed red then it briefly flashed up the ps2's browser, then went to this message.)

Ok Ive got it to load finally. I get through my menus play a song, and when i get back to the menus, and try to scroll through then bam: it freezes. What's happened now!?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  7. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

You need to clean your PS2.

8. Chaco

Chaco Member

should easy enough, I already went through taking it apart to realign the disc tray. A vaccuum is best for it? or compressed air or whatever?

by the way which part needs to be cleaned?

9. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

Clean the laser definitely.

10. PsPlease

PsPlease Member

Do all of this slowly

1.burn your game at say 4x make sure its an iso
    2.boot swap magic using your ps2
    3.put in the slide tool (find the hook) and pull it right
    $.Open up the disk drive without pressing the eject button
    5. find the hook again and pull it right this time then click on normal pal -default-ntsc whichever you use and press X if it says booting your disk in drive then a bit goes white then green it means your game works.

If this doesn't work just reinsure everyhing it would have nothing to do wiht the lens at all

11. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

If his swap finaly booted, why would any of that mess with a music disk?

12. PsPlease

PsPlease Member

o my bad didnt relies he fixed iut