1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3 NTSC to PAL???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NoSldrPs2, Mar 9, 2005.

1. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

Does all the 3 versions of the Swap Magic can change the colour system (NTSC,PAL) output of the PS2 so that you can play all the NTSC and PAL games???

Is that i have an SM 3.2, and it simply keeps on outputting my NTSC games in B&W in my PAL PS2....

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Well i have a NTSC PS2 and the newest version of Swap Magic 3.3 and it has screen mode settings for both PAL and NTSC.
    I have played PAL and NTSC games on it and they work fine. But i am not sure if that is because Swap Magic is just for NTSC systems or not.

3. mtrixman

mtrixman Member

I tried playing one of my ps2 backups that was PAL with swap magic and it gave me the flickering screen. I tried both special boot and normal and it doesnt work

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

mtrixman:
    Did you have it set to PAL?

5. mtrixman

mtrixman Member

yes i tried special boot with the pal, ntsc, and normal boot. all gave me the flickering screen. I converted the game to an NTSC but the game now freezes. This freezing, however, only occurs on one of my backups (X files game)

6. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

How can you "set" Swap MAgic if it even hasn't any menu???
    Is there any key combination on the gamepad???

7. mtrixman

mtrixman Member

I have swap magic 3.3 and there are two options. one is load program and the other is chaning the colour system. I think this is a new feature of swap magic 3 though

8. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

Well, i guess they put that menu only on 3.3, since mine 3.2 DVD doesn't has it!