1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic 3 V3.8 Question

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by logan34, Sep 18, 2007.

1. logan34

logan34 Member

What are some of the best sites to get hexdecimal codes from for the V3.8 Coder?

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

I don't know of any sites that give you the hex but you can always convert ARMAX, codebreaker, or gameshark to ARv1/v2 which is what Swapmagic v3.8 uses. Just get maxconvert from codemasters site.
    Maxconvert here
    If you need some help with this, just ask.

3. logan34

logan34 Member

Thanks HK, but what program do I need to open up .rar files so that I can install Maxconvert?

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

You will need WinRAR or 7Zip. I believe you can download a trial version of WinRAR because you have to buy the full version. Though 7Zip is opensource so that might be better. They are both able to handle .RAR files.

5. drakex

drakex Regular member

where can I get an ISO of the Swap Magic 3.8

I want one to test my idea on the PS3, to see if it works.

6. HG27

HG27 Guest

I don't think an iso of swap v3.8 will work. I believe it needs to be an original.

7. kieth4548

kieth4548 Member

From what I have read in the past you have to have an original swap disk. I have tried to make a copy incase my original went bad and everything that I have read says they are stamped and they can not be copied.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007