1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mnemic, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mnemic

mnemic Member

ok i know theres been a fair share of topics about this product however, i still need help, none of the other topics seemed to help me out.

i have a copy of swap magic 3, which ive installed with the slide tool and it all works fine. Ok so i burnt a game using dvd decrypter, i did the mode>iso>read then mode>iso>write where i burnt the msd file to a dvd,

then i put swap magic 3 in selected normal load, the thing refreshed, i slid the tool, pressed eject where it sed toc reading, then "load a bigger toc disc" so i ejected the swap magic dvd version and put in my backup game and pressed eject, it went in and i slid the tool however it said "not a valid ps2 game" i think ive done everything right, i burnt the msd file to a dvd, i used the right magic swap disc i slid the tool when it sed to slide the tool (the instructions dont match what u actually have to do) so im kind of lost

can someone help me out, in dire straits here

thanks guys

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

i have a copy of swap magic 3,

a copy wont work you must have the ORIGINAL.

3. mnemic

mnemic Member

lol when i say i have a copy, i mean i actually have the full version, i went and bought swap magic 3 boxed and sealed with the slide tool, sorry for the mix up,

4. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

use good media. burn slow 1x-2x max.

Most likely the media is the problem.

5. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

6. mnemic

mnemic Member

ok this time i re-burned the backup disc, at a slow speed (1x) and i put in swap magic, selected load program, it refreshed, i used the swap tool, pulled the tray out with a tiny set of pliers, swaped the discs and pushed the tray back in, the thing is, i cant use the swap tool again, you know how when u first use it, it clips onto that mechanism and u pull it over, well when i try to slide right then left again, it doesntwork, so anyway I pressed load program and got "not a valid ps2 disc" i think i might have to try this 190% alcohol thing

thanks for the replies though

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  7. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

"cant use the swap tool again, you know how when u first use it, it clips onto that mechanism and u pull it over, well when i try to slide right then left again, it doesntwork, "

IT DOES WORK

If your not closing the tray completly,
    The game wont start up,
    use these diagrams here.

http://www.success-hk.com/manual/slide-tool/index.htm

you make 2 slide one to open tray,
    the second slide you put the card in more to the right
    and pull the pin to the left.
    (you will hear a noise confirming it moved).

Hate to see you re-burn if you dont have too

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  8. ptoft

ptoft Member

I've figured out how to use swap magic but I'm getting something similar. My understanding is when the screen with the option "load program" comes up is where you use the swap tool. I've tried going past this screen but it just keeps coming back to it. According to your instructions, you wait for an "insert disk" screen but I have yet to see one. After I put the disk in, it says "not a valid ps2 disk". I've narrowed it down to putting the disk in at the wrong time, burning with a dvd+r, or burning with an incompatable burn program. I'm gonna try downloading a different program. If its the wrong media type, i'm screwed cuz i only have a + burner. If its inserting at the wrong time, theres something wrong with the disk. Hope you can tell me what i'm doing wrong.