1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic & Action Replay Max trouble.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nick85, Sep 22, 2004.

1. nick85

nick85 Member

Does anyone know how I can play my dvd-r's and cd-r's using action replay max? I have swap magic version 2.0 cd & dvd. Also have a flip top installed on ps2. Thanks in advance, Nick.

2. nick85

nick85 Member

Nevermind, just got it sorted, you just load the swapmagic 2.0 dvd with the cheats u want, then change as normal. :)

3. nick85

nick85 Member

o no its not fixed, the cheats dont work, any help?

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

load up your cheat disc, choose your cheats and choose start game with cheats, then when you have to insert your game don't, insert smdvd, when that loads insert dvdloader, when that loads eject and re-insert smdvd, when the display shows "ps2dvd" in the bottom left of the screen press x, then wait for the message that tells you to change disc by ea method, then swap (using flip top) for your backup.

if your smcd disc works ok you can use it and cdloader instead of smdvd and dvdloader, but still use smdvd for toc refresh.

this sounds complicated, but once you've done it once or twice you'll find it easy enough

5. nick85

nick85 Member

thanks mate, ur a life saver.
    Can anyone send me dvdloader? One that can be burned onto a dvd/+r, thanks.

edit again: I got it from ur site, cheers!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2004
  6. nick85

nick85 Member

Oh no, I tried to do it, but when it says ensure you game disc is inserted, then press OK I press ok after changing the disc to dvdloader and it keeps popping up saying the same thing! Help? :)

7. nick85

nick85 Member

any help? :)

8. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

you should be putting smdvd in when it asks to make sure disc is inserted, not dvdoader

9. nick85

nick85 Member

Ok, I get to the screen on dvdloader and press x, then it gives me a screen which says multiple loader, do I need to change the selection or what, also it goes red edges if I pick the first one or 2nd one.
    Cheers, Nick.

10. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

you don't need to press x at the dvdloader screen, untill you have done the toc swap using smdvd, once dvdloader has loaded up, press eject and replace the dvdloader disc with smdvd, the [bold]when the display shows "ps2dvd" in the bottom left of the screen press x[/bold], then wait for the message that tells you to change disc by ea method, then swap (using flip top) for your backup.

11. nick85

nick85 Member

Excellent it works! If the game is a different region do I need to do anything different in dvdloader?