1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic advice please? (Bought for slim want to use on old style)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by etali, Apr 15, 2005.

1. etali

etali Member

Hi all

I've been wanting to mod my PS2 for ages. I originally bought a DMS4 Pro mod for my slimline, but had massive problems getting it to work. My eyesight is pretty poor and while I consider myself able to solder those joints have to be TINY!

I de-soldered the thing and re-assembled it, to find I have a working slim PS2 still (phew) and then bought a Swap Magic which also came with a Magic Switch.

The problem is, the bits for the magic switch don't look anything like the bits in the instructions - (a) looks about right, and fits fine. part (b) which holds the disk break back looks completely different to the instructions I got and the ones on the site, but I've managed to make it work, but part (c) looks really fragile and bears no resemblance at all - its far too thin and flexible to hold the sensor in place.

I've since then acquired a normal old-style PS2 from a friend, and was wondering how easy it would be to use my SwapMagic with that. If I made a home-made slide card tool would that work reliably and be safe?

I really don't feel like shelling out for ANOTHER mod after already buying two.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you can do it. you need to find a picture of a slidecard on the net somewhere. Take a flat plastic card, like those store MVP cards that most of them give out, and cut one out. You can also find instructions all over the net on how to use one.

3. etali

etali Member

Hi

Thanks for your response. Sorry it took a while to reply.

I managed to eventually make a card - locked the drive a few times learning the knack for opening the thing but eventually got it working.

Finally I can play Katamari Damacy :)

Thanks again.