1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic and slide card, help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by syracuse, Sep 1, 2004.

1. syracuse

syracuse Guest

Please Help! Anyone! I just recieved the swap magic cd's and the slide card today and I tryed it out following all of the directions. My question is, is what does swap magic really do? I thought it makes a copy of a ps2 game and then you can play the game anytime with the game data on the swap magic disk or the ps2 hard drive. Please help, I am all mest up.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no, swap magic is a boot disc. you need to copy your ps2 game to a blank disc.

3. syracuse

syracuse Guest

How do I copy my ps2 game to a blank cd?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if its a cd, just do a cd copy with whatever burning program you have. if its dvd, use dvd decrypter in mode-iso-read, mode-iso-write (use GOOD quality media like ritek, maxell, or verbatim). and before you ask, it says right on the disc if its cd or dvd.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  5. syracuse

syracuse Guest

It's as simple as that? the dvd burner can't tell the difference between a dvd movie and a dvd ps2 game? Wow, that is easy. So if you can just burn the ps2 game, what is the purpose of the dvd decrypter?

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

for dvd games, you need to make an iso on your hd before you burn, dvd decrypter is just easy and has worked every time for me.

7. syracuse

syracuse Guest

What is an iso? I already downloaded the dvd decrypter without the iso. But agian, what is the purpose for the decrypter?

8. bogey2477

bogey2477 Member

I have nero. One option in nero is to do a DVD Copy, where all you do is insert original ps2 game, wait about 10 min for it to copy, then insert a blank DVD. Does all the work for you and is very simple to use.

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

The game that you read to the hd is stored as an iso image.

10. samp

samp Member

hey i got arv2 i was just wondering what i need to get to be able to play backed-up/burnt games that wont invole taking part the ps2 just a simple soultion it donest have to be the best but effective

CHEERS