1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic CD doesn't work - DVD instead?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by brazilmma, Mar 25, 2005.

1. brazilmma

brazilmma Member

Hi all -

I'd like to start fooling around with some exploits and homebrew ps2 stuff, but I can't burn any of them to CD because my Swap magic CD (v 3.3) doesn't work with my PS2. My swap magic DVD works great, but I can't seem to find any instructions on how to burn homebrew stuff to DVD (like LaunchELF, Free HD Loader, etc). I've tried just burning stuff to DVD according to instructions that are meant for CD, but it never works.

Can anyone help me figure out how to burn a few homebrew files to a DVD and get them to successful work by swapping with the SwapMagic DVD? I'd also appreciate it if you could point me to an ISO with some homebrew stuff that would work when burned to DVD so I can imitate how the ISO was made.

Thanks for any help!
    -=Brazil=-

2. witton

witton Regular member

there is a way to boot cd games using dvd swap disc you need to download and burn to a dvd disc "dvd loader".
    1,swapmagic dvd
    2,dvd loader
    3,press eject put in original ps2 cd game
    4,wait for ps2cd to appear in btm left corner.
    5,flipld put in back up cd
    6,press x

3. brazilmma

brazilmma Member

Witton, thanks for the help!
    Let me get this straight:
    1. Load swapmagic DVD
    2. Using slidetool, swap it with a burned DVD of DVDloader
    3. Press X
    4. After DVDloader loads, press eject (not slidetool this time) and put in an original ps2 cd game? Aren't all ps2 games on DVD? You mean I should put in a ps1 cd game?
    5. Use slidetool to remove ps1 cd and put in backup cd
    6. press x

Is that about right?

4. witton

witton Regular member

you have got it but no all ps2 games are not on dvd you need a ps2cd game,wont work with a ps1 game.
    look for a ps2 game that is blue on the burnt part of the disc and not silver.

5. brazilmma

brazilmma Member

Interesting! Well, you learn something new every day.

I actually just had the bright idea of trying to install a burned cd with ExecFTP on it via swapping it with the HDAdvance CD. No luck - I guess my ps2 doesn't like to have CDs swapped, just DVDs.

I'll fool around with DVDloader.

Thanks mucho.
    -=Brazil=-

6. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

The gameshark method is better than swap

7. brazilmma

brazilmma Member

Well, I did get things working, and it sent me off on a wild romp through the jungles of ps2 hackin'.

Once I was able to load a CD via the DVDloader methods, I burned a CD of the HDL_dump server. I loaded that up, and then used HDL_dumb to start transfering all the CDs to my hard drive that I could never transfer before. I put ExecFTP, HDL_dump server, and some others onto the hard drive. So everything is working great.

Thanks for all the help!

-=Brazil=-