1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic cd euro 2.0 not booting and sounds like a donkey

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jonyc, Sep 28, 2003.

1. jonyc

jonyc Guest

hi,

does any1 have any ideas why my swap magic cd 2.0 is not booting. it sounds like there's a donkey in the tray and very unhealthy for my ps2. the smdvd boots fine, but the cd is having issues. it does play audio cd's though....

cheers

2. BadtzMaru

BadtzMaru Member

I can't help you but i'm having the same problem using a USA disk. my dvd one boots fine but the cd-r doesn't boot.

3. jonyc

jonyc Guest

its fine now actually. i just put another cd ontop of the swap magic cd while booting, and it works.

4. BadtzMaru

BadtzMaru Member

so you put 2 cd's in at one time? or use one then bootmagic?

5. jonyc

jonyc Guest

yeah put the swap magic cd on the bottom, and a random cd ontop of it, then turn on the ps2, and that should work. u might have to do this by opening the flip top.

6. BadtzMaru

BadtzMaru Member

is the cd-r not heavy enough?? thats strange to have to load it up with cdz :)

7. jonyc

jonyc Guest

i dunno, but the donkey sound (or werring) is the cd jumping up and down i found. so i just put another ontop to keep it in position. did it work?

8. BadtzMaru

BadtzMaru Member

i'm at work so i havn't had a change to try it. As soon as i get home tonight i'm going to try it. :) i don't get the donkey sound mine just isn't booting...

9. jonny24

jonny24 Guest

I have the same problem with my cd and I just tried what you suggested and it still isn't working. Have you any other hints to try and get the disk working????

10. jonyc

jonyc Guest

sorry. dont have nay other ideas. mine just needed to be pressed down with another cd. if u are trying this make sure u put both cds in by fliptop, not the tray.

11. jonny24

jonny24 Guest

i don't have fliptop but i think I might hace to get it now.