1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Coder V3.8 problem - Any help appreciated...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by dan24591, Jun 2, 2007.

1. dan24591

dan24591 Member

I just received my Swap Magic Coder V3.6 this morning. I booted my Guitar Hero 2 back up disc with custom songs using SM, This took me back to the PS2 browser with the memory card and disc icons. I went onto the disc icon, waited a few moments then it took me back to the PS2 browser. It keeps doing this and I have no idea what to do. It says The SM Coder works with all models of the PS2. I'm currently using:
    Samsung Pleomax DVD-R 8x
    Cyberlink Power2Go to burn the ISO to DVD
    Apache2 to create the ISO image
    And I'm currently burning at 8x speed.

Please help me out!!!

2. dan24591

dan24591 Member

Whoops sorry. I meant Swap Magic Coder V3.8 but I cant edit it!

3. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

DOH! you don't know anything about backing up do you?

1.Use better media. Samsung media probably sucks. Use sony DVD-Rs or verbatim or taiyo yuden.

2.Use DVD Decrypter to make and burn the game.

3.NEVER BURN AT MAX SPEED. If you burn at max speed, the game will come out sloppy/not working.

Also, what PS2 version do you have? The latest version have problems reading DVD-Rs, like the new slim silver PS2.

4. dan24591

dan24591 Member

Lol, I actually do know stuff about backing up. I went to buy Sony discs today BUT didn't have enough money on me because they turned out more pricey than expected. I just burned Tony Hawks Underground 2 onto a disc at 4x speed but still the same thing happens. The only thing I can think of now is the discs. I'll get Sony ones when I get money. I'm not sure what model my PS2 is actually. Does it help if I say I bought it quite close to the date it came out?
    Thanks for trying to help by the way man.

5. HG27

HG27 Guest