1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic coder v3.8

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by chckid59, Jan 11, 2007.

1. chckid59

chckid59 Member

Is the disc supposed to stop spinning? mine keeps on spinning when im supposed to swap. Im just wondering.

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Yes when the screen comes up saying Normal etc. then you swap discs. I have a PS2 slimline and open the lid and yes it is supposed to be stopped, then switch discs. And when I had the V7 PS2 and used the slide tool it was also stopped once it gets to that screen.

Have you had problems with any other discs? What type of PS2 and tools are you using. Maybe one of them isnt quite in place, recheck them.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  3. chckid59

chckid59 Member

well, mine for some reason doesnt stop spinning. i hav the japanese version for my jap v0 ps2 btw. it doesnt really bother me because it still works flawlessly. i put a protective skin on the disk so it wouldnt scratch when it spins on the tray when pulling it out using the swap method with a card.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

Just buy a modchip with a Laser Fix it works the best but tahts wierd that its not stoping spinning ive never used Sm in a fat PS2 only V14 one with Magickeys 2 and works flawlessly.

5. chckid59

chckid59 Member

nah, it doesnt matter, i dont feel like spending money on a chip and installing it. im perfectly satisfied with the swap magic. the spinning doesnt bother me. its just wierd that it doesnt stop. maybe because its v0?

6. chckid59

chckid59 Member

oh yea, i forgot to mention, i have the ancient 8-wire mod inside. you think thats preventing the disk from stopping?

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Well I am not even sure what V0 is I have heard of V1, and I also don't know the ancient 8 wire mod.... but that could very well be why it doesnt stop spinning.
    What does the 8 wire mod do then?

I guess as long as it works for you that is good, but nice to know why it doesnt stop spinning.