1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Discs and Flip Top Lid

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Cell1, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Cell1

Cell1 Member

I recently bought the Swap Magic discs with the flip top cover, and I have a version 4 PS2. I have the version 2 swap magic discs, but I can't get anything to work. I have successfully installed the lid. I turn on the PS2 with the CD disc, then hold down the reset button until the light goes red. I press it again to turn it on, then when the cd change prompt comes up I use the flip top to replace the disc with an original Playstation import game, but nothing happens when I close the lid and press X. It doesn't even try to read it! Do I need the version 3 disc or am I doing something wrong, or did I install it incorrectly? Please help!!

2. Supreme

Supreme Member

I know you have to use the DVD disc to boot DVD games and the CD disc to boot CD games. Are you using the correct one. Also since you have a V4 system you laser could also be an issue. Do original domestic games work?

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

are you tring to boot orignal ps one games with your swap magic discs or ps2 cd/dvd based games.If your tring to boot orignal ps1 games then swap magic wont boot them as it only boots ps2 imports/backups.To boot ps1 games you need either action replay/game shark for the ps1 or the new breaker pro v1.1 disc__X_X_X_X_X_[small]cd loader for the v7 ps2 http://www.geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/
    cd loader for v1-6 ps2 http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/[/small]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2003
  4. Cell1

Cell1 Member

Original PAL PS2, PS and DVDs still work, but I have been using a PS original import to test it with. I am only interested in playing PS2 original import games. Do I need to use a program like CDLoader for this? (http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/)

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

cell1 i really dont get your post. you bought swap magic disc's to boot up original ps2 games? usually you buy these products to boot up back up copies of your games, nevertheless you should post what are you using to burn your games

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

i also have a v4 ps2, my smd & flip top should arrive tommorow, ill keep you posted on what happens with my situation. i also heard that some v4 ps2's wont read dvd+r media, im one of the lucky one's that can read both +r/-r.

7. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

Cell 1 heres my update, i received my flip top and my swap magic discs today, i received the 3.0 version of the smd(cd) and the 2.0 version of the smd(dvd). i install the lid properly, took maybe like 10-15 minutes,easier than what i tought it would be.i tried the 3.0version smd(cd) and it fusks up just like you said, ill try to dig up the problem, but really im not that concern because i own a gameshark disk, so that's how i load my cd-rom games. relating to the dvd-type of games they work. i backed up true crime streets of la, and kill switch using record now max 4.5, using the "make an exact copy" option. easy as 1,2,3. games is done no less than 15-20 minutes. used memorex media. its not as bad as people say it is. sometimes it skips a little in the songs but thats about it, thru out gameplay i didnt have any interuptions. dont hesitate to ask me a question if you need help.