1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic disk and slide tool

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dougc6969, Jan 19, 2007.

1. dougc6969

dougc6969 Member

I had a question about the swap magic disks and the slide tool. First of all do they really work with the tool or do i need a mod chip. If I do need a mod chip whats the best chip out for a ps2. I bought the disks and tool, and I backed up a game that was dvd based. I used the dvd disk and used the tool just as an instruction video told me to. to make a long story short, I could not get the back up to play on my ps2. I used Dvd dycrypter to crack the game. Please help!

2. Biggie76

Biggie76 Regular member

As i understand the mod chip is the way to go but i am running my back ups via swap magic 3.6 and they work no problems without a mod chip what game was it you were backing up maybe it needs rebuilt

3. steimy

steimy Active member

you do not NEED a mod chip, but they are a better option and much easier to deal with.
    With swap magic some games do need to be rebuilt, or need the use of Zoneloader with swap magic to load them.
    And games from other regions will always have a little bit of the screen cut off.

check swapmagicfix.com and see if that game is on their list as needing anything special.

4. dougc6969

dougc6969 Member

I tried to back up jak x for ps2. What is rebuilding? how do I do that?

5. lxfactor

lxfactor Regular member

okay... everything is sounding difficult... heres the quick run down..

all you need is.
    DVD Burner
    Superb Blank DVDs
    swap magic DVD
    slide tool.

you can use dvd decrypter.. but i prefer alcohol 120.. use blank dvds.. like ritek g05 or verbatim .. my favorite is taiyo yuden... all can be purchased from supermediastore.com..

make a copy of the dvd onto your computer HD.. if its less than 4.36GB u don't need to rebuild nothing and not worry about nothing... then burn the image using alcohol or nero... burn AT 2x... people say 4x.. but ur still new to the whole idea...

after just use swap magic... and everything should work fine... this has been explained millions of times... so next time used the search feature...