1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap Magic disk game compatibility

Discussion in 'PS2' started by boodz, Jun 10, 2007.

1. boodz

boodz Member

Hi everyone! How are things going? I need help regarding playing import games (Japanese PS2 games) with swap magic disks. Do you guys know if the following games will be play in my US ver. PS2 console; with swap magic disk of course:
    -(Playstation) Rurouni Kenshin Battle Action Import
    -(Playstation) Rurouni Kenshin RPG Import
    -(Playstation 2) Rurouni KenshinENJOU! KYOTO RINNE

All of these games are from Japan. They are based from the Samurai x/ Rurouni Kenshin anime. I hope you guys can help me and give me a feedback regarding this. I have been long looking for help on this one. Thanks and you all have a good day!!!

2. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

do u no there toc sizes

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I doubt you can play the PSX Rurouni Kenshin games because Swap Magic is only for PS2 games hence only 1 out of the 3 Kenshin games will work that you've listed. You either need codebreaker PRO and perhaps that exploit, I forgot really, to get those PSX games to work on your PS2. As for getting the PS2 Rurouni Kenshin game to work, it'll work. I can at least vouch for that. It depends if your PS2's laser is getting old or whatever that it'll be unable to read it; otherwise, it'll work fine and dandy. Also, when ps2wizz asked about their TOC sizes, I doubt they're DVD9s which would then require you to rebuild them like God of War, Rogue Galaxy and Xenosaga. A huge wealth of Japan PS2 games don't bother using DVD9s. The chances of you getting a DVD9 Jap PS2 game in my experience is very slim and slight. And hey, if it doesn't work, you can always return it depending on the site's policy. I dunno if play-asia or yes-asia have those kinds of policies though.