1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic disk installation!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by muizzi, Apr 25, 2005.

1. muizzi

muizzi Member

ne1 know how the hell to install a swap magic disk on the normal ps2????? i dont know what to do

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I dont understand what you mean by install a swap magic disk on a ps2, can you give a wee bit more info plz.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

i'm confused too. You do not install a Swap Magic disc. You put it in to boot up your backups, and must put it in each time you want to play a back up game.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

5. muizzi

muizzi Member

i meant to say how do i use the slide card and take out the swap disk.
    i want to find out how to take off the tray and use the disk cuz all i can do now is put the disk in.
    and it doesnt say "insert" when ive finished.

6. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You don't need to do anything to get SwapMagic to get to the 'Insert disc' screen. It will get there on any stock ps2. The only reason you need your ps2 modded in some way is to make the actual Swap,..after you're on the 'Insert disc' screen.

8. skymaster

skymaster Member

here is what you do first of all turn on your PS2 open the cd tray and then turn off your PS2 from the back the main power supply, so that the tray stays open. 2) you have to some how remove the cover in fron of the cd tray with the Playstation logo. 3) turn back your PS2 4) once on, load up your Swap disk , you will have two one for cd games one for dvd games. put one of them in and let the ps2 load up. 5) then once you see the scree with the swap magic back groung and somethin which says to load program, before doing anything take you swap card. 6) hold the card with the clip part to the right 7) then insert the card under the cd tray , the clip side should go toward a white clip under the cd tray if you try to look under the cd tray DO NOT press reset 7) once the card is inserted move the card to the right as far as it can go but dont jurkit go slowly you should fell soemthing 8) once you did that slowly pull your card towards you so that the tray opens 9) then put in you game 10) with your hand push the tray back and once again use yor car and put it in the same place as beforeand again move twards the right what you are trying to do is to bring back the white clip back from the right side that you moved before back to the left 11) now once you did that REMBER to take out the card then on the screen read the instructions and play . ( some games may not play due that you put the swap gamic dick for a cd game and you put a dvd game the swap disk and the game format must mact and some games do not play )
    hope this helped ps type back to me

9. steimy

steimy Active member

10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Mod it or get a Flip Top, forcing that tray is why my friends ps2 broke..

11. skymaster

skymaster Member

how did it break

12. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

over time, he was telling me how great it was and how I wasted my money on a fliptop when he made his own slide card from an old credit card for free and bought only the swap magic disc, but his tray now slides in and out and doesnt open or close when he hits the buttom, my fliptop still going strong..

13. skymaster

skymaster Member

did the ps2 make noise yhen you pressed the onen button