1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SWAP MAGIC DOESNT BOOT SOME GAMES? I KNOW HOW TO MAKE THEM BOOT

Discussion in 'PS2' started by andyn1080, Dec 1, 2003.

1. andyn1080

andyn1080 Member

DID YOU EVER BACKUP ONE OF THESE GAMES AND IT WOULDNT BOOT UP W/ YOUR SWAP MAGIC DISC? IF SO YOUR IN LUCK...BUT YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW WHAT PS2 MODEL YOU HAVE (30001,39001,50001..ECT)
    Alter Echo
    Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
    Ben Hur: Blood Of The Braves
    Britney's Dance Beat
    Clock Tower 3
    Conflict Desert Storm 2: Back to Baghdad DDR MAX 2: Dance Dance Revolution 7th Mix Deus Ex
    Dropship
    Energy Airforce: AimStrike
    Final Fantasy X
    Freedom Fighters
    Freestyle Metal X
    Harry Potter: Chamber Of Secrets
    Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
    Hitman 2
    Inspector Gadget: Mad Robots Invasion
    Island Extreme Stunts
    Island Extreme Stunts
    Major League Baseball 2004

Max Payne
    MegaMan X7
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (DVD9)
    Midway Arcade Treasures
    NHL 2004
    Okage: Shadow King
    Popolocrois 3
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2
    Psyvariar
    Q-Cast Tuner
    Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
    RockMan X7
    Rune Viking Warlord
    Sakura Taisen Atsuki Chishio Ni (DVD9)
    SEGA Sports NCAA College Basketball 2003 (DVD)
    SEGA World Series Baseball 2003
    Silent Hill 3
    Sky Surfer
    Soul Calibur 2
    Splashdown
    Spongebob Squarepants: Revenge Of The Flying Dutchman
    Starsky And Hutch
    Suikoden 3
    SWAT: Global Strike Team
    Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
    True Crime: Streets of LA
    Unreal Tournament
    Whiplash
    Winning Eleven 6 International

GO TO SWAPMAGICFIX.COM AND DOWNLOAD THE CDLOAD AND BURN IT TO A CDR USING NERO/ALCOHOL/DVD DECRYPTER..ECT. AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO USE IT BY WHAT THE SITE SAYS.AND REMEMBER IF YOU MAKE A BACKUP OF A NEWER GAME AND IT WONT BOOT, TRY THE CDLOADER.

2. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

uhm...yeah. no need to make a big post about that...it's been around these forums for awhile now. thx anyway.

3. DuffDaddy

DuffDaddy Guest

andyn1080 thanks for the post. I am new to this and though I too have seen similar posts throughout the forum, I am glad you posted because you currently (12/8/2003) want to exchange info and help others.

So here I go I have a V7 PS2 w/ Flip Top using SMD V 2.0. Through this forum's threads I picked up CDLoader for V7 Beta 5.1 (I guess). I have backed up a Star Wars game as well as Tom and Jerry Whisker Wars, no problem as CDs. I have backed up Harry Potter(HP): Chamber of Secrets and Sponge Bob Squarepants Flying Dutchman. These didn't work. I tried both with CDLoader and HP now works yet I still have trouble getting SPonge Bob to start an existing or new game, it freezes up. Please help me with any insight you may have.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

for sponge bob you need to use the 5v3 option in cd loader beta 5.1 you can also find a list of problem games for swap magic 2 with fixes here http://www.swapmagicfix.com/

Last edited: Dec 8, 2003
  5. DuffDaddy

DuffDaddy Guest

devilhunt, thanks much. I checked the site out. I saw how to do that from the help with options link. Great list, Harry Potter checks out just as advertised. My kids and myself thank you again. Trying Sponge Bob tonight.

Regards,
    DuffDaddy

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2003
  6. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

Is there any way to use CDLoader on a V3 PS2, with a NEO2.2 chip, without having toforce the tray opened, I.e using a knife to pride it open.

7. DuffDaddy

DuffDaddy Guest

Sponge Bob worked like a charm. Broadening my horizons tonight by trying a DVD (Splinter Cell) back-up from a friend. If all goes well I will be looking for a DVD burner next. Thanks again for the help.

gozilla. I have read several things on the knife being harmful to the motor. I myself used a slide card and SMD for a little while then went to a Flip Top lid w/SMD. You might want to investigate the Flip Top lid I believe I saw them available for V3s, 10 screws I think?

Good Luck,
    DuffDaddy

8. andrew31

andrew31 Regular member

CAN THE SWAP MAGIC DISKS BE COPYED

9. DuffDaddy

DuffDaddy Guest

There was someone in a thread in here recently that claimed you could copy your SMD CD or DVD and get it to work. I remember there where serious doubts in the thread. I would like to know if it is possible if you find something.

10. andrew31

andrew31 Regular member

i have tryed 6 times and dont want to waste any more dvds

11. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

You can not copy your SMDS. This is because they are factory made and are stamped with a special thing so that it makes up the part of the ps2 that the public cant burn.