1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic doesnt work!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by hp1987, Mar 6, 2005.

1. hp1987

hp1987 Member

i recently got a swap disc v3.3 the thing is that the DVD cd doesnt load but i could play my original games fine on my ps2. so can anyone tell me what the problem is?

2. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I'm having the same problem. The disk itself won't load. It either keeps going to the menu that has my memory card and then the PS2 disk to chose from and it keeps going back to this screen over and over instead of booting. Or the disk loads but I get a this is a non PS2 disk message on the swap magic menu screen.

3. gamewooky

gamewooky Member

hp 1987

Can you give me a bit more detail your exact procedure.
    If you switch ps2 on and insert sm3.3 and nothing happens every time. send your disks back as they are faulty! or test them in another ps2 if possible see what happens.

Cachorrao

possibly you have your backup games copied to the wrong media are you using plus or minus?

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

It sounds like his SMD just doesn't load. So he wouldn't even be able to test his backups yet. Yes, if this happens i would suggest exchanging them.

5. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

This happened to my DVD version of the swap disc. At first it didn't load. It may be coincidence but try this, use the cd one first, then reset the system, and put in the dvd one like a normal cd. If that does not work, then load up the cd one and then use that to load the dvd one, then reset and hope it works. To tell ya the truth, my dvd one started to work after that, go figure. If that doesn't solve, then I guess you will have to replace them.

6. hp1987

hp1987 Member

im usin DVD-R, see the swap disc wont load period but plays my PS2 fine with no problem. i burned them right i know b/c the disc use to boot and i played the games for hours and not have any problems when i play them.

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I think i'm missing something here.

SOo your SwapMagic disc doesn't load period; but it plays in your ps2 fine with no problem?

8. flawlezz

flawlezz Member

He is having the same problem I am having. I put in my DVD version of the Swap Disc and it acts like it's gonna load, but it goes back to the browser, where you select your memory card. Does anybody know whats wrong?

There's rumors that the most recently ordered swap disc are bad disc. Know anything about this?

9. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

Mine kame in last week... from modchip.com.. they load up just fine..

10. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

Using -R. I have 2 units. A v7 with a 4.1 mod and a V2 that I am trying to use the swap magic with. Unfortuantly my V7 is totaly F***'d right now and I can't get it to work at all so while I'm fooling around with that one I'm trying to use the other system to play my backups with and not having nay luck. I'm going to try loading the CD version like previously posted and see what happens.

11. aceace

aceace Member

hey guys i'm having the same problem Using the Swap Magic v3.3 Dvd Boot disk... it acts like its gonna load up but it just kicks me back to the browser..i just got mine today March 14, 2005 anyone know whats going on?

12. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I was having the same problem. Mine it seems was being caused by my flip top. I had to adjust it and now the DVD disk boots fine. Unfortunatly the CD disk or any other CD based disk(GameShark etc..) won't boot with the flip top. Annoyed to say the least.

13. aceace

aceace Member

well i'm using the slide card thingy and it the boot disk for cd-r's works fine... the dvd boot disk doesn't...i'm stumped