1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Dvd Don't Load!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by atanum141, Oct 10, 2004.

1. atanum141

atanum141 Member

ok guys i have been messing with swap magic for a few days and i cant get the dvd boot disk to run, ive downloaded dvd games and the dvd boot disk runs on my friends ps2 but it wont run on mine,the cd boot disk works fine but the dvd just reads and it dosent do anythin!!!it just stays at the browse screen

my model no is SCPH-300003R
    and version 3.0 of swap magic, i really want to play the games i got but im considering trading in my ps2 for a secondhand compatible model.

if somebody could help me with this it would b great.and if somebody could tell me a good model to look for if no fixes are found.

thanks.

2. jonels

jonels Regular member

sorry to ask the obvious but have u cleaned the disc ?

3. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

Well, I occasionally have the same problem. What I do is put in the dvd and then hold reset so it shuts off. Then press reset again to start your ps2 up. Hopefully, the dvd will work. :) You can also try going into the browser and clicking on the dvd icon thing after doing the above if it doesn't automatically start.

4. atanum141

atanum141 Member

well the dvd does have the usual scratches and wear and tear on it but it just keeps on reading so i dont know weather its the disk or ps2??? it works on other ps2 consols so why shouldnt it work on mine.

MXGzX i will give ur method a try but im doubtfull it will work but theres no harm in trying. thanks guys.

5. dud0r

dud0r Member

use the cd version, with toc refresh to boot dvd.
    Insert cd version, press eject when loaded, insert high toc game(original no back up, like devil may cry), wait till at start up screen again, use slide card.

6. atanum141

atanum141 Member

Thanks Dud0r
    i tryed ur method but i dont understand when it asks for toc refresh and it just stays there for a few mins when i swap it for devil may cry disk and i dont know if i should press anything or just wait???

7. MXGzX

MXGzX Member

you're supposed to just wait and then u can swap

did u try my method? if u didn't....I will hurt u lol

8. dud0r

dud0r Member

You did press EJECT to open the tray, And pressed EJECT again to insert devil may cry?
    The screen should say after opening tray: insert toc disk or something, after you close it it says refresing toc.
    It will then return to the main screen again
    then you can use the swap trick

9. atanum141

atanum141 Member

hey guys i tryed everything and all the time it would give me load errors on the cd boot disk soooo i think i have to trade my ps2 4 another 1.im really pissed about this all i want to do is play dl/d games but it wont work so im really angry about that but thanks again guys for all ur help. im gonna try all the methods once more but if it dont work im gettin another ps2.

thanks again.

10. hypes057

hypes057 Guest

chill.....dont get a new ps2, thats absurd. I got the same problem w/ the swap magic DVD boot disc. it worked fine for one day, now all i get is Disc Read Errors on anything DVD, be it orig, backup or movie. Theres things you can try (although they did not work for me) to fix the DRE, including sending back to sony. they told me to send it in, regardless if it was under warranty or not, all u gotta do is pay shipping and wait 2 weeks......holla hypes057@gamebasement.net if u need help on fixing the DRE....