1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic DVD+/- Media Comatability

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Argg, May 4, 2005.

1. Argg

Argg Regular member

I see a couple people asking this question.

I don't know what store to buy TDK media in, or Rietek G04. I've heard That Memorex is bad for games and swap Magic (Is that right, or an exageration) So can you tell us what Media is exceptional, so-so and coaster makers.

I personally would like to know whether or not Memorex is so-so, cuz that's all the sell in my town, and STAPLE brand DVD (great for movies)

2. Argg

Argg Regular member

Bye the way, I was able to back up Socom on Memorex and Ratchet and Clank: GC on STAPLES brand dvd. So what's with all this Rietek stuff.

3. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

When I First Started To Burn Games I Used Memorex R+ And R- But I Would Have About 30% That Would Play Fine And 70% Of Sh$t. Then I Asked The Same Thing You Are Right Now,I Was Told To Try Verbatim R+ Because I Have The New Slim Line Ps2,And They Work About 99% Of The Time. If You Are Not Sure If You Should Use + Or- The Best Way To Find OUt Is To Burn Gran Theft Auto San..And See Which One Loads the Fastest And With No Skips, You Will Know Easy Just Bye the Load time. When I Put In The R- the Load time Was More then Double. The Only Disk I Will Use Is Verbatim It's One Of The Best Brands For Burned Ps2 Games = (Ps2 Can read It Good)All Of This Was Told To Me And I'm Just Telling You What I Was told And It Work Great For Me Hope It Will Work For you, And I Don't Fell Memorex Is A Bad Brand I Use Them A Lot For Dvd Moives When On Sale Just Never For Games. Good Luck

4. Argg

Argg Regular member

Thanx for the reply. BTW, I saw some phillips DVR at RadioShack. How are they?

5. Decon954

Decon954 Regular member

Never Used Them,But Verbatim R+ Has Never Let Me Down Yet.

6. Argg

Argg Regular member

Dude, I dont' know what you guys are doing, But I was Able to backup Ghost Recon 2 and Midnight Club 3; Dub Edition perfectly with STAPLES DVD-R.

If you guys are having problems backing up games, it might be the speed or quality of either you computer or burner.