1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic DVD-R or DVD+R?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Weaksauce, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Weaksauce

Weaksauce Member

I'm having trouble in backing up a copy of MGS3. I have an ISO of it, and I burnt it to a Sony DVD+R a few days ago in anticipation of my slide card coming, I needed something to try out.

My slide card arrived about 2 hours ago. I am already having trouble. I loaded it up and did the procedures correctly. but when I got to the end and hit "X" the screen shifts a little down and a little right and has a pink out line there, and freezes. Is this because I am using DVD+R? Is it my PS2 version? my ps2 is version 4, I think... :)

I really need help with this. Thank you

2. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

most ps2s (some v4s and up) read dvd+rs but i think your v4 ps2 might be the one of a kind ones where it isn't able to read dvd+rs

either that or you need better media :)

3. yudda111

yudda111 Guest

try -r.i have a slimpstwo and the first game i copyed it was on dvd +r and it did not work then after that i got some -r copy the game and it work so my pstwo prefers -r its deferent for every ps2 but i think yours prefers -r.

4. Weaksauce

Weaksauce Member

Alright, so I went out and I bought more DVDs, I got the DVD-R kind.

Now I am having more problems. I start Alcohol up and throw the CD in. I do everything correctly but the DVD drive isn't reading the DVD-R, it can read DVD+R, but not DVD-R.

_NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD that is the drive, I dont know if that helps at all. Does this type of DVD Burner not work with DVD-R's at all? Or does it look like I have to get a new DVD burner to back up games?

5. Weaksauce

Weaksauce Member

the reason i do not know about my dvd burner is it was the one that came with my computer that i bought in the beggining of august

6. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Make sure that you have up tp date firmware installed for your DVD drive ... You need to download this program (the freeware version), at the bottom of this post, and it'll tell you if your NEC is a +R/RW, -R/RW or a +-R/RW drive ... It will also identify which version firmware you're using ... Then go to Google and search for NEC firmware ... See which version is the latest for your EXACT model drive ... If a newer version is available, download and flash your drive ... NOTE: MAKE SURE THAT YOU ONLY USE THE FIRMWARE FOR YOUR EXACT MODEL DVD WRITER ...

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  7. Weaksauce

Weaksauce Member

So I tried looking up firmware but the only thing i could find was

NEC DVD+RW ND-2100 A

So there is not a D, therefore doesnt match my drive right? But I did download that program you suggested and it tells me right there that the only thing that my DVD burner can write is DVD+R. Can a firmware change what it can record?

8. yudda111

yudda111 Guest