1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic DVD2.0 Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by hedgerock, Oct 5, 2004.

1. hedgerock

hedgerock Member

I recently bought a brand new 50001 ps2 to play my backup DVD games. I am new to all of this but from everything I read the DVD2.0 should come up and say "insert disc" (and it does on my friends v7 console). On mine I get a screen that allows you to access your memory card or "load program". The only way to test this is to take off the top of the PS2 (new console doesn't allow the slide card to be used) but am nervous because EVERYTHING I read says it should say "insert disk". The CD3.2 comes up and says "Load Program or Video Mode" (which is correct from what I see).

Any help would be appreciated. I am almost to the point of returning my new console and buying a used one.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

after you insert your swapmagic dvd try pressing reset and see if it loads to the insert disc(space screen)

3. hedgerock

hedgerock Member

Didn't work. Do you think it could be with the new console? It's not the thin version, but it doesn't have the screw that you can remove in order to use the slide card. The DVD2.0 works fine on my friends v7.

4. dud0r

dud0r Member

if i'm right, the newer versions has no screw but you can still take off the front of the tray by just following the rest of the instructions you got by the slide card.
    if the dvd doesn't work try this:
    insert swap magic cd version, wait till loaded, press eject, throw in original dvd with high toc(devil may cry gta3 etc)wait until toc is refreshed, use slide card to boot dvd back-up

5. 2005

2005 Regular member

From what you describe it seems you put in the cd version and not the dvd version