1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic, flip top, dvd minus or plus R??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by siccamaro, Apr 17, 2005.

1. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

hi all!!
    i just ordered a flip top case and swap magic v3.3
    i have a version 4 ps2. my dvd burner ONLY burns +R discs. i've read alot of people's posts saying to only burn on -R discs.
    do you all think i am going to have a problem with my ps2 setup and burning on my Ridata 4x DVD+R's??
    i'm just getting worried now because i just ordered this stuff online and if it doesn't work, i don't have any way to burn my backups onto
    -R's...
    thanks, heidi

2. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

also, i have made backups of my dvd movies on my ridata DVD+R disks and my playstation plays them perfect (better than my normal DVD player!!) does this mean that my playstation will most likely play my ps2 backup games fine (on the same ridata discs), or are game backups totally different??

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The 4x ridata's are the g04's and they're the good one's. But I'm not too sure about +r games in your v4. I thought I had read that v6 and lower will only read the -'s.

4. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

thanks alot for your help!! does anyone else know off hand or have any advice if it should work or not?? damn, i'm gonna be mad if it doesn't!!
    heidi

5. VIOLENCE

VIOLENCE Member

If your ps2 plays dvd+ movies then chances are itll play dvd+ games.

6. kingade

kingade Member

it shud work..if not then jus get some -'s ones

7. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

if it were as easy as just going out and buying -r discs, i wouldn't even post about it. my dvd burner only recognizes and burns to +r discs. that is why i'll be mad if my modded ps2 doesn't read them-i have no way to even burn a -r if the +r doesn't work

heidi

8. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

dont worry.just wait till you get your swap magic and fliptop and try it out.like you said you already ordered it(no use crying over spilt milk).but anyway,that rumor(which i would classify it by now)that no ps2,v4 or earlier,can play +r media has been been refuted by several people already.one guy got them to work on a v1.since yours reads a dvd+r movie your ps2 has no problem reading +r media.which is what people claim it cant do.im beginning to think the reason older systems dont read dvd+r because they have never had there lens cleaned.a dirty lens can cause you not to read certain media.i know, ive been in that situation.

9. siccamaro

siccamaro Member

thanks!! i am waiting to try out my flip top and swap magic. hopefully i should get them by this weekend. i know my playstation plays dvd+r great as far as movies go, i just wasn't sure if games were a different story. you have been very helpful and i will let you know if i have success (hopefully soon)...

heidi