1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic/Fliptop/Manhunt backup/redlines. HELP!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by martnkimm, Oct 30, 2004.

1. martnkimm

martnkimm Member

I used DVD decrypter to read and burn on a Micro Advantage DVD burner onto Verbatim DVD+R. Put the Swap Magic DVD disk in, pushed reboot, waited to Insert Disc screen, swapped backup of Manhunt, and get red lines on screen. I tryed using DVD-R and same thing. Any ideas??

2. james121

james121 Member

i get the same proble but my is purple

3. russcula

russcula Guest

damn i wish someone would answer this question, ive got the very same problem but no-one seems to know the answer. If anyone finds out please post it.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

this might seem silly but you are using the swapmagic dvd disc to load your backup

5. russcula

russcula Guest

yeah i thought that it might be possible they printed the wrong label to the disk but it even says DVD version at the bottom of the screen so it must be. I dont know what the problem is.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

ok thats that out of the way now what media are you using for your backup and at what speed did you burn

7. russcula

russcula Guest

i used a packard bell dvd+rw disk, dvd decryter no errors happened, ive tried it 3 times, each with the same result, burning at various speeds, 1x, max, and standard setting speed of decryter

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you say your using rw discs that might be the problem as alot of ps2's have a problem reading rw discs with game backups on them, would suggest that you try using just r type discs

9. martnkimm

martnkimm Member

I have been using Verbatim DVD+R at 1x and 4x on a MicroAdvantage. I know that's a low-end brand (got it for $35 after rebates). Does the brand of burner matter that much?

10. russcula

russcula Guest

ok i'll give that a shot tonight (Im at work at the mo). I'll let you know how it goes, cheers for the advice, much appreciated. Just hope thats it.

11. russcula

russcula Guest

ok i'll give that a shot tonight (Im at work at the mo). I'll let you know how it goes, cheers for the advice, much appreciated. Just hope thats it.

12. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

russcula hope that solves it for you

martnkimm have you got any backups on dvd+r to boot in your ps2, do you know what version ps2 you have

13. russcula

russcula Guest

devilhunt your a star. You have my gratitude. All works fine, backed up loads of my games last night, no problems with any of them. Thanks for the advice.

14. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

excelent news glad a simple thing solved it for you