1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic, gameshark, or braker pro...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by carapalid, Mar 28, 2005.

1. carapalid

carapalid Member

hi, i have been reading this site and others about the swap magic, gameshark, and braker pro softs that will let you play backup games on your ps2.

so...it seems to me that swap magic is very popular...and breaker pro is fairly new...

i read the differences...swap will play ps2 games only...but it the version 3.6 has the ntcs and pal option...

but breaker pro you can use for ps1 and ps2 games but you don't get the ntcs and pal option...

so my question is...which one to go for? i am leaning towards the swap magic due to i really don't care too much of the ps1 games...well...to be honest other then the ones i still have...i don't recall anymore what was out there for the ps1...

anyhow...your answer would be appreciated.

ps> is there a place specific for general questions on this site or this is the right forum? if i made a mistake, please let me know.

thank you in advance.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

You are Misinformed.

Breaker pro only loads ps1 games and ps1 imports.

All swap magic versions support ntsc and pal backups.

Gameshark method is Risky there is a
    good chance of damaging your ps2.

Go with swap magic.
    *note*.
    You will need a device to open the ps2 tray without
    pressing the eject button for the s.m. disks to work.
    This will vary depending on your model # ps2

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  3. carapalid

carapalid Member

i guess i am confused...check out this link when you have sometime please...

once i read it i thought that this breaker pro would play ps1 and ps2 games on your ps2 console :(

http://www.ps2cover.com/breakerprousa.html

4. carapalid

carapalid Member

i went back to the link i posted and read that a few times...so i guess what i understood now is...

the breaker pro program will let you play your ps1 import games on your ps1 console and play your ps1 games (overall) in your ps2 console.

the breaker pro will NOT let you play ps2 backed up games on your ps2 console, correct?

just checking...

5. ThaSunGod

ThaSunGod Guest

a device to open your lid to get the swap disks to work?? I have the new slim line ps2, should i worry about this? or does the flip top cover it all?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2005
  6. steimy

steimy Active member

with the slim PS2, the flip top cover serves the same purpost as an eject button on the older models. It will still reset the machine and there for still needs to be replaced with an aftermarket fliptop or slimtool or other mod.

to answer the original question, get Swap Magic, 3.3 in the US or 3.6 in Europe are the latest versions i have seen.

7. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

LOL ppl gameshark kills swap magic. Magic freezes and sometimes wont even work. Gameshark has no problems and will play any ps1/ps2 backup and import.

8. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

Swap Magic all the way

9. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

well that depends on your version of gameshark. When the ps2 backup seen just came up I few years ago before SM I brought two of them to play backup games and none of them works. Plus you said that SM freezes? SM is perfect or at the 3.3 and higher since those are the ones I got. Gameshark is so crappy it even freezes on regular games when you try to load some codes and it made the disc spin all loud. That's why I switched from gamesharks to SM and Action Replay Max

10. carapalid

carapalid Member

ok...by doing some reading a lot it seems that people are happier with their swap magic.

but does swap magic have cheats/codes like gameshark? i thougtht it did not...

if so...gameshard then does both jobs...boots and has cheats?

which version of gameshark is the one that works the best then? the only one i have seen so far is gamehsark 2.

thank you all.

11. dg089678

dg089678 Guest

I wouldnt buy Swap magic I got it and all its given me was an invalid disc screen. It never works.

12. l34merik

l34merik Regular member

Well dg that's because you only tried it on one game so far. What version is your SM?

13. dg089678

dg089678 Guest

version 3.3

14. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

ok people i got sm 3.6 so far out of19 backups 2 dont work i personally think that the reason it dont work is because it was burnt badily and you can get fixes for swap magic unlike gameshark so you games can be played www.swapmagicfix.com

15. EVILZED

EVILZED Guest

and can someone help me out i want to know how to play backups with cheat codes from armax i heared thers sumink to do with cd loader

thanks for any replies

16. jpp01uk

jpp01uk Regular member

Ive had no probs with Swap Magic 3.6 so far!