1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic + HDLoader

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by wdog118, Mar 28, 2007.

1. wdog118

wdog118 Member

I recently purchased a flip top lid and Swap Magic 3.6.

I have been reading and searching for 2 days trying to find out if one can use a burned copy of HDLoader to format my hdd.

I want to install HDloader on the hard drive but its not formated for a ps2, its a Blank drive. I want to install the Exploit on the memory card then run HDLoader off of the memory card. Problem is I can 't get HDloader to work.

I downloaded the latested version from a torrent. When I try to use it with swap magic it says that its "not a valid ps2 dic"

I thought the whole point of using swap migic was so that you wouldn't have to use valid ps2 discs?

Any help?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

hold it!
    the exploit should have done it... where did you get the elf from?
    i got mine from [ http://www.sksapps.com ].
    you just put it on your memory card and run it. you'll see the splash screen and after a bit, it will say that your hdd is not formatted correctly and will do so for you after you press x or whatever.

3. wdog118

wdog118 Member

I hanv't figured out how to get the exploit on there w/o and original HDLoader

Any ideas?

4. wdog118

wdog118 Member

Alright, so I got HDloader working. Problem is now the exploit isnt working. I loaded the Exploit Installer CD image to my hdd using WinHIIP. When I go into hdloader and click play, i just get a blank screen, I tired adding a dummyfile that was 100mb big, but that did not fix the problem.

Ideas?

5. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

6. wdog118

wdog118 Member

I tried that with the version 2.2. It still gave me "not a valid ps2 disc"

Ill try it again. Is there a way to load it to the memory card w/o using a disc?

I have a burned copy of HDLoader, but whenever I try to run any of the apps. I get a black screen.

*sigh*, this is getting annoying. Any more ideas?