1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic help. I'm at my wits end.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rgbrewer, Nov 4, 2007.

1. rgbrewer

rgbrewer Member

I've been fighting with this for a week now, and I'm just out of ideas.

I'm trying to backup a game. Fat PS2. Game is Madden 08, if that matters. I have Swap Magic 3.6 and a slide tool.

I'm going to go step by step here in obscene detail in the hopes that SOMEONE sees something I'm doing wrong.

A) Copying games.
    DVD into burner (Sony DRU-530A). Open DVD Decrypter. Mode/ISO/Read. Dump to HD. Let it do its thing. Mode/ISO/Write. 2.4x speed (also tried 4x with no success) Click to start the burn.

Looks like everything is burning correctly.

B) Turn on PS2. Insert Swap Magic DVD. It loads, at the "Load Program" screen, insert swap tool. Slide little white post to the right, pull out disk. Replace disk with burned copy. Slide tool the post back to the left. Hit x.

Screen goes black, then goes to the black/pink "please insert a playstation or playstation 2 format disc"

C) Cry. Repeat on every media I can get my hands on (Sony -R, +R, TDK -R, all same) Throw lots of DVDs away. Buy more. Repeat.

I'm just completely out of ideas. I've read something about refreshing the TOC, so I've also loaded swap magic, pressed eject, put in the original DVD, let it refresh TOC, and then used the swap tool, slide posts right open drive replace DVD, slide post to the left, click X... same pink/black screen.

So please, please help. I'm just completely out of ideas.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  2. rgbrewer

rgbrewer Member

One thing I'm noticing rereading ... when I'm burning from DVD Decrypter, I'm clicking the .ISO not the .MDS

I'll obviously try the MDS right now.

Edit: No change. :(

3. rgbrewer

rgbrewer Member

Note: Guitar Hero 3 rips, copies, burns, swaps perfectly.

Protection in Madden?

4. rgbrewer

rgbrewer Member

Oh what the hell. I just gave it one more try with my last of 25 DVD-Rs... and madden started right up.

What is going on?

5. backohead

backohead Member

Glad it finally worked for you.

I used the same exact method (except i use a Flip Top, get one, the swap tool sucks) and burned to Sony DVD+R and it worked on first try.