1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic help?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by harzo, Oct 20, 2003.

1. harzo

harzo Member

Hi everyone.

I just got my ps2 kitted out with the 'swap magic' flip-top setup but I am having some problems. I got it through a friend of a friend, who installed it for me but I only got the DVD loader v2.0. I am assuming there should be a CD loader too?

I have tried to download the CD loader off the net but when I burn it and load it up, nothing happens. Can the CD loader even be downloaded? I know that the DVD loader has grooves in it so it canot be copied, but is this the same as the CD loader?

I have been searching for help on this for a while and I have read that the CD loader that I have downloaded (21 MB or so) works in conjunction with the CD loader I should have got with swap magic. Is this true? The DVD loader works fine, but I want to play the games I have downloaded off the net.

Sorry if any of that didn't make sense, but I'm hoping someone here can help me with this. Thanks in advance

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If I was you I would just wait for the Swap magic V3 discs that shall be coming out very soon.The Swap Magic V3 Cd version disc can do rips just wait for that.If you want to get the cdloader try downloading from http://www.ps2ownz.com .They have it there and burn it with cdrwin I would just wait though because those discs coming out are gonna be nice.Peace L-Burna

3. harzo

harzo Member

Thanks for the speedy reply but I do have a cd loader iso on my PC. What I don't have, is the Swap Magic v2.0 CD loader that I think I need. Is it possible to get it from anywhere? I ONLY have the Swap Magic v2.0 DVD Loader

Thanks

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Sorry to say but nah those can't be burned the swap magic discs.You have to buy those because they have so many bad sectors they can't be burned.Peace L-Burna If I knew how to do it I would tell you but it can't be done.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

The swap magic cd loader (as you call it) is different from cd loader you get on the internet. cd loader from the net is used to play some games that swap magic cant load, but you need the swap magic cd to load cd loader.

6. harzo

harzo Member

Thanks, this is what I thought. I'm new to all this but I'm slowly getting my bearings...lol.

Thanks for the help guys