1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jayrolo, Apr 6, 2005.

1. jayrolo

jayrolo Member

I just got Swapmagic 3 plus in the mail today and my PS2 won't read ethier of my discs.

2. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

IF YOUR PRODUCT IS CALLED SWAPMAGIC 3 PLUS,YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF.THERE IS SWAPMAGIC 3.3 OUT NOW.IF THAT IS WHAT YOU MEAN.

3. jayrolo

jayrolo Member

I've got my swapmagic plus to work and it says 3.6 so that must be the newest version.

4. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

will it read the swap magic disks? or is the problem with the games?

5. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

my mistake,there is swapmagic 3,6 plus.it is the same as 3.3 with the added feature to boot up hd games or something like that.but if your ps2 cant read disc try cleaning your lens

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2005
  6. Akazecks

Akazecks Regular member

If it's the games, try getting better media.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  7. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

ok,your swap magic works but backups wont boot.i thought you meant sm disc didnt work.but anyway,make sure you are using your slide card or flip-top correctly(dont know which you have you never mentioned)

8. jayrolo

jayrolo Member

my problem was with the slim tool set.I couldn't get part b in the right postion.I got it working this weekend.everything works fine.I can burn discs on Verbatim digtal movie 4X.I make the iso with decrypter and burn them with Alcohol 120%.DVD R+/- both work fine. but I bought a 50 pack of Verbatim 8X DvD R+ at best buythat dosen't work.if i burn a movie on them the playstaion reads it,but every game I've tried won't.thanx for all the help.

=

9. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

not to instigate the problem anymore,since its already been solved.but i have copied games with verbatim +r 8x that work.you have a slim so you can definitely play the games mine can.so that would rule out the disc or the ps2 as the problem.leaving the burner and the way it was burned.you copied movies that worked so your burner is compatible with 8x to a degree(just has problems with games for some reason).if you dont mind me asking,what model is your burner?and at what speed did you burn the games on the 8x discs?

im just curious

10. jayrolo

jayrolo Member

I'm burning the games with alcohol set at the slowest speed.i think it's my burner too.I have a samsung burner.i had a samsung dvd/cdr combo drive in my old pc that gave me fits.i'm on a budget so i could only afford an e-machine when i got my new pc.I bought the same model as my best friend,he bought his a few months before i did and we have different componets his burner is a lite-on and seems to burn much better than mine.i've had to update my burners firmware twice since i bought my pc in feb.

11. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

i dont know what speed is the lowest on a120 but the verb +r 8x usually works best at 2x speed.and i hope you didnt try to copy dvds on that combo drive.

12. jayrolo

jayrolo Member

alcohol burns them at 2X.i used the combo drive to make vcd's and i burned alot of cdr coasters with it.

13. cyepumk

cyepumk Guest

yeah,its probably your burner.i read a review of a lite on burner and they did performance test that showed different media had different results on it.the testing was done at high speeds and on dvd movies but still is relevant to the fact that the burner performs better on certain media.heres the link if you want to check it out: http://www.extrememhz.com/sohw832s-p4.shtml