1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic - How do I make a back up of this disk.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by idrink, Oct 22, 2004.

1. idrink

idrink Guest

I inherited a PS2 recently. My kids know how to play the games and use the Swap Magic Disk ( an orginal disk marked CD Version 2.0 USA Build.)
    The disks however catch a lot of grief from the kids and, as I do with their children dvds, I'd like to make a backup of the Swap Magic CD. They don't tear up a copy as fast as they do the original I noticed.

I've into computers and use Alcohol 120% and Nero near daily. I know nothing about PS2 copying.

I read the FAQ on this site and didn't see anything about copying Swap Magic. The FAQ seemed only to talk about DVD copying.

I have a DVD burner and a CD burner in my primary computer.

Any suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated.

ID

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

this question is asked almost every day. Any disc that automatically boots in your ps2 CANNOT be copied and work the same way. Once you copy swap magic, its treated just like a copied game.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  3. phyphi11

phyphi11 Member

I also have the same problem, can you buy the cd and dvd swap magic disk

4. MrToast

MrToast Guest

I did read about the code for booting was released... I will look into it more... its a way that you can use the code from swapmagic too...

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

there is no boot code. They use bad sectors, which burners cant reproduce.

6. 2005

2005 Regular member

Yea, its common knowledge... unless you have a cd press or a mysterious burner that will reproduce bad sectors you will not be able to reproduce the swap magic disks or any ps2 disks for that matter. The reason is that a consumer cd burner automatically fixes the error's (whod want a disk with errors on it right??) and the machine recognizes that the errors are missing and wont boot the disk in question.