1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic ( Not a valid ps2 disk) !! Help pls.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by M_M18H, Jan 29, 2007.

1. M_M18H

M_M18H Member

Ok so I bought swap magic 3.6 and final fantasy XII. The Final fantasy is NTSC and the swap magic is pal and my ps2 is also pal.I put in the swap magic and get to the load programme screen, unfortunatly I do not have a slide tool so i made my own one, it looks pretty much the same, anyway so I pull the tray out and insert the Final Fantasy disk then press X, my computer then makes like a noise as if its reading it and then it comes up Not a valid ps2 disk. Can anyone help me pls, does final fantasy XII work with swap magic, or is there somthing im doing wrong. Any Help would be appreciated. thank you.

2. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

yeah i sort of have the same problem...i also have a FF12 ISO but i dont know if mine is NTSC or PAL.. i have the ultimate collection V2.0 and it has a shitload of programs and on my swap magic 3.6 plus i have the option to change it from NORMAL, PAL & NTSC but none of them seem to work... ive done everything i can from reading everyones friggin' posts... i cant seem to make it work...dont know if its my MEDIA, DVD BURNER or PS2!!...

3. M_M18H

M_M18H Member

Have you got the slide tool, because I may be doing it wrong cos I can get the tray out without pressing the button but i dont think im locking it back in, im just pushing it back in and its making some sought of buzzing kinda sound. Anyone else got any ideas? I also tried one of my Back-up DVD games and that didnt work either. Oh the Final Fantasy 12 I own is not a back-up.

4. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

uhh yeah ur not locking it.. when u push it back in and try and grab a lil hook and push it out to the left u will feel it lock.. thats all ur doing wrong man!

5. M_M18H

M_M18H Member

I see, well ok ill try that in a bit. thanks.

6. croy00

croy00 Member

Also just an idea if you don't mind experimenting with a DVD. I read a forum on here a while ago that said you should only burn FFXII at 1X speed. I don't know why but that is what it said.