1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic on PS3 Discussion

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Jlhfit, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Ok, Im sure this has already been thought of, but I think that if we can play PS2 backups and concentrate on that for right now, the rest will fall into place. Now my question to all is.. Is there a way that you can dump the swap magic disc to run off your HDD, either External PS3 HDD or Internal HD. Then inserting Backup into Drive, then loading Swap magic from HDD, Load up then load disc.. Just a thought.. I actually been trying work on it..

2. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

As said before it not going to work.

Just a question why do you want to play PS2 games on a PS3 if you have a PS2

3. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

This may be why he wants to:
    And I would want to also. There are still plenty of PS2 games that I want to play. I also do not want to haul around both my PS2 and PS3. If the PS3 is supposed to be backward compatible and be able to play PS2 games, then why don't we utilize it to its fullest?

4. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

Well looks like it was all hype about the PS3 being 100% backwards compable, half my PS2 games don't work.

Also if you going to lug you PS3 your need to bring you HD-TV also.

Do you take your PS2 out and about that often.

I think the problem is most ppl wanted to sell there PS2, to help pay for the PS3. but now relise that not going to happen.

5. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

Nah, I don't have a HDTV yet. If I want portability, then I'll just take my laptop with and hook up my PS3 via S-video.
    I didn't mean that I'm going to be taking my PS3 around with me, I just meant I could maybe clean up and have less stuff taking up space in my room. Plus, my sister wants my PS2, and the only reason I'm not giving it to her right now is that I can't play PS2 backups on my PS3 (and GH).

Also, did you get a new PS3? Cause I think I've read something about Sony taking out some PS2 compatibility in newer PS3 models. I believe that the first PS3s still retain full (or close to full) compatibility? I don't know, I could be wrong.