1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic or mod chip

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by duglass, Mar 9, 2005.

1. duglass

duglass Member

I just got a new computer with a dvd-r/rw dvd+r/rw dl burner. I have been reading up on how to back up my games and understand it. but i want to find out which is a better way to go, using swap magic or a mod chip, I am not really sure if i wanna put a mod chip in my ps2 because i have heard bad things from other friends and forums...so my question is will swap magic work just as good?

2. WESTF1

WESTF1 Guest

HELLO I USE SWAP MAGIC IN ONE OF MY PS2'S AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. I HAVE A PS2 THEAT HAS A MOT CHIP AN EXPENCIVE 1 AND HAVE HAD A FUE PROBLEMS I WOULD GO FOR THE SWAP MAGIC DISK. HOPE I HAVE HELPED CHAT SOON. I USE A PROGRAM CALLED {CLONE PS2} OR {DVD DECRYPTER ISO READ AND THEN ISO WRITE}.HAVE FUN.

3. Takenover

Takenover Member

Is something wrong with you or your CAPS LOCK key? In all of your useless topics/replies, you have posted in caps.

4. WESTF1

WESTF1 Guest

hows this for u KISS MY ARSE u tool

5. Takenover

Takenover Member

You act so smart when you are confronted with your stupidity. Do us all a favor and quit posting in caps.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  6. WESTF1

WESTF1 Guest

ok no caps .. now u do us all a fav unplug from the chat rooms and go outside the world is still there NEO..
    .......the internet has you..........
    .......follow the light.........

7. Takenover

Takenover Member

Last I checked this isnt a chatroom, it's a MessageBoard. I can't right now, im at work.

8. abx

abx Guest

To get back to the subject I like the Mod chip. I have not used Swapmagic but it seems from reading this forum that there are some comparability problems on the newly released games. All then newer games that I have backed up are working with my mod chip

9. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I haven't had any problems with SwapMagic yet. Other than the obvious dvd9 games that modchips can't do either.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

depends on your preference.
    The swap magic and flip top work just fine for me on my V7. It's really not that much trouble to use and is a pretty cheap option and pretty easy to install the flip top.

on the other hand the mod chip i have in my new one is also great, It's a DMS4 Pro, it loads up backups with no swapping. I got a pre modded system because i don't trust myself to be able to solder 17 little wires to the motherboard of a PS2.
    If you think you can pull it off and are willing to risk messing up your PS2 for good if you do it wrong then i say go with a mod chip.

If you are not sure you can then i say either get the flip top and Swap Magic or get a premodded system.

11. vaiosony

vaiosony Guest

i have the swap magic disc w/ the flip top and it works perfectly. I never had any problems with it. Plus installation is easy. I never tried a modchip so i can't comment on it.

12. duglass

duglass Member

thanks all...if swap magic works fine then i will probebly go with that...i am on a tight budget and i dont wanna put a mod chip in myself...so i will just save the $300 and go for swap magic...thanks again

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

From what I gather about swap magic (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that the swap disc's TOC (Table of Contents) has to be larger than that of the backup game you're trying to play. This might prove to be a pain in the butt in the future, as games are getting bigger now (DVD9). People with Swap Magic 2.0 had to upgrade to 3.3 or whatever, which costs money. I personally like my modchip. I installed it myself and all it cost me was $30 and a migraine!