1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic plus v3.8 help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by DevilDoggi, May 5, 2011.

1. DevilDoggi

DevilDoggi Member

Hi there just installed swap magic plus v3.8 PAL and wanted to be sure it would work so i can play import games so i tried one of my pal games and boot it as defualt video mode but it only came to the ps2 screen that said "Insert a ps1 or ps2 game". What is wrong?
    I tried to boot it as PAL and NTSC but none of them work. Now i'm afraid i have wasted a lot of mony on something that doesnt work :(

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Always Choose the region of your PS2 regardless of region of game and choose NORMAL

Make sure you sensors are blocked properly. Best way of course is too have a disc spinning and open the lid. The disc should keep spinning.
    This is of course if you have a Slim PS2.

If your using a FAT, you may not have used the slide tool properly.

Also it could just be its not reading the disc you swapped with.

Burn the disc on good quality media and for DVD I still always burn at 4x speed. Others burn faster, but this has always worked for me and my discs all still play fine after many years.

Also the TOC size of your backup makes a difference with Swap Magic. If the ISO image size is greater than 4.35GB, you would have to swap differently with an Original disc that is of equal or greater size than the backup.
    This is called 'Refresh TOC Size"

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  3. jaiganesh007

jaiganesh007 Member

Hey guys,

I am from India. Could u people let me know whr can i get a swap magic plus v3.8 PAL for my PS2 Slim?