1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap magic problem getting blue it to be blue?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by EmaSe, Aug 10, 2004.

1. EmaSe

EmaSe Member

Hey i got a swap magic 2.0 and when i load my backup with the cd version the background will turn the blue and try to load the game but nothing shows up. is this a bad burn or is there something else thats wrong?

2. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

what game is it.what ps2 version do u have.what program r u using to make ur copy.is the cd the 3.2,i know the dvd is 2.0,because i have swapmagic dics.ps2 v10

3. EmaSe

EmaSe Member

i used alcohol 120% to make it its cd game and its version 2.0 and its inital d special stage.. but also my nba streets doesnt work either and does the same thing.

4. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

i have swapmagic but my cd is the new 3.2 version.you say the screen turns blue,maybe wait and see what happens.when i ues my cd 3.2 i don't get blue at all it just turn red and stay that way for about 5 seconds then the game starts.i don't even get blue.i thought it didn't work with my crazy taxi and time crisis 2.just wait for about 10 seconds or more and see what happens. sorry i can't be more helpful to you,i never used the 2.0 cd. but let me know what happens.

5. odb992001

odb992001 Guest

by the way is ur dvd disc swapmagic a 2.0.because it sounds to u may be using the dvd disc 2.0.

6. EmaSe

EmaSe Member

no im using the cd disk thats 2.0 i have both dvd and cd disks. and the game looks like it will start to load then just sit with a black screen and do nothing. the cd is even spinning while this is happening.

7. sideshow

sideshow Regular member

Maybe your flip top or no solder chip is not installed properly. Red border means the game wont boot. Green border means the game should boot but may have errors, usually a bad burn. Blue border means the backup should load and play perfect.

8. EmaSe

EmaSe Member

well the thing is some games work and some games dont. all my dvd backups work fine tho.

9. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  10. EmaSe

EmaSe Member

about 800 megs

11. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

well thats most likly your problem as swap magic cd wont load cd games over 630 mb aprox, if you had swap magic cd ver 3.0 or 3.2 i would normaly suggest that you get the breaker pro disc and use it as a toc disc with the toc refresh feature in swap magic 3 but as you have the ver 2.0 cd (same as myself) that feature in not avalible so dont realy know what to suggest to help you

12. EmaSe

EmaSe Member

ahh i see. would it work if i opened up the files with magic iso and just burnt them all to a dvd?

13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

probably not as you would have to change the cd checks to dvd checks then rebuild the image to get the backup to boot