1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mconly, Dec 15, 2003.

1. mconly

mconly Member

my friend has been using the swap magic DVD 2.0 for a while , like a couple of weeks, and i borrowed his ps2 and the disk won't even load up. is there a serious problem with his laser if it's that sketchy? how many ps2's out there have this problem? is the swap magic cd/dvd and slide card a reliable method for use with any playstation out there? or are the older models less likely to read the swap magic disks? thanks in advance....

2. bloke2000

bloke2000 Member

allot of modchips no longer support V1 to V3 of the PS2.
    Also I don't think the slide card is a very good solution as inserting it in incorrectly could damage the PS2.
    I would go for a modchip solution. The solder free is very easy to fit but again I am not sure how reliable it would be on any PS2 under V4.

About the laser, have you tried loading a onriginal CD/DVD does this work correctly? If you do not have any Original CD/DVD games(though you should have) then try an Audio CD if this works the there is probably no problem with the Lazer.