1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Aloki, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Aloki

Aloki Member

Hello. I got Swap Magic 3.6 yesterday.

Anyway I'm having a problem with it, I burnt Slient Hill 2 on a Verbatim MCC 03RG20 DVD-R, I got a black screen so I tried again 2 times but still got a black screen. I then burnt Battle Stadium D.O.N and that worked. I've also tried (Melty Blood: AC (Which got a "Not a valid PS2 Disc" error) and Hokuto no Ken (Also got a black screen.)

I'm thinking it might be my DVD burner (It's a USB one that I got with my laptop), could it be that what's causing the problems?

2. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

i thkn itz the game itself because alot of the newer games are not working for me either it just gives me a NOT A VALID DISC or a Black like you then again i could be wrong

3. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

www.swapmagicfix.com

Certain games need fixes for old swap magics. Swap magic 3.6 dosen't work with all games, that is why you need to use programs like ZoneLoader and DVD/CDLoader and patches to make these games work.

Apprently, Silent Hill 2 is not in that list. But Silent Hill 3 and 4 require CDLoader, so try using SM 3.6 to load CDLoader and then load the game.
    Or, upgrade to SM 3.8 which is much better.