1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Problems (Assumed)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tron000, Nov 2, 2004.

1. tron000

tron000 Member

I have made back-up copies of many games. Some work perfectly with swap magic, some need cd loader, and some are just wierd. I have burnt MK:Deception and it loads fine. You even hear it booting up, then it goes back to the browser screen (where you can access your memory card) and it says a PS2 game is there but i click on it and it loads the browser screen again. I have also tried many other games with a different problem. GTA SA loads up and the screen stays black. Happens for Street Racing syndicate too. I do plan to buy a real modchip soon because i would assume that would fix everything. But until then, can someone give me some insight? I burn using Alcohol 120% 192 1750. Also tried DVD decrypter using different speeds for both. I use memorex dvd-r right now, and they seem to work fine for many other games. I am done with guessing and collecting coasters.

2. offset

offset Regular member

I had the exact same problem with GTA SA. As soon as the game boots up, the screen would go black and stay black. My friend made a perfect copying using a Maxell DVD+R disk. So...I bought a three pack and was able to make a perfect copy. "Stomp Recordnow Max 4.5 to rip/DVD Decrypter to burn at 2.4x"

3. jonels

jonels Regular member

both those games work fine with swap magic for me ..used Maxell DVD+R x4 burnt on a Panasonic 108 at 4x and played on a version 10 ps2 but they also play on a version 4 too (had to clean the lens b4 i could play any backups on the V4)

4. djeazyg

djeazyg Member

I got a version 1,2 or 3.(one of those) and all is fine here. I had some trouble with BloodRayne 2 but a little searching around on the forum helped me out.

Used Sony DVD+R's, I don't know what kind of burner it is, I burned at 1X with Nero and all is working perfect for me.

5. tron000

tron000 Member

Well thanks for the help with that, maybe ill just keep the memorex for movies and bigger PC game copies. Ill go get some better media, i didnt think that could really make a difference. Do you think it would be the same if i use DVD-R. My PS2 is a V4 and i dont think it is DVD+R compatiable. Thanks again