1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Stryker12, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Stryker12

Stryker12 Member

Hello,
    I received my Swap Magic discs and Slide Card in the mail today. I pop in the Swap Magic 2.0 DVD Disc and it fails to load. A few times I've been able to make it to the Playstation 2 Screen, but It just dumps me back at the browser. I tried my roommates Swap Magic Disc (which works on his ps2) and received the same results, it dumped me back at the screen. I popped in the Swap Magic CD Disc and it boots up fine no problems at all. All my retail games run fine and my AR Max runs fine. I don't know what the problem could be, guess i'm gonna have to try to dig out my gameshark 2 if i still have it. Do you think a modchip would give me any of these problems reading a non-licensed disc? Also my ps2 is either a v1 or v2 i got it when ps2 was first released
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]---Stryker[/small]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  2. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

If you your Laser is raised to high or too low it does that, well i was expeirementing and when i put the laser to high my swapmagic dvd2.0 would goto the PS2 screen and right back to the screen with the gold disk and Memory card, mabey you need to lower it slightly or rais it since it may be a v1 or 2, give it a try, on the white cog if the tiny hole is facing more down, turn white cog up clockwise, or if it's facing straight up or pointing to the right, turn it back so it facing NW like on a compass or instead of turning it back turn it all way around to NW once you read a certain point the laser will drop to bottem thats so you can start over from bottem to top so don't worry. Try that instead of wasting $ when a simple fix could solve the problem, If that don't fix it mabey it's a bad disk.