1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap Magic problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Dhubbard5, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Dhubbard5

Dhubbard5 Member

PLEASE HELP

I have a swap magic version 2 disk with a slide card. I have had no problems with it until now. 3 out of 4 games i just tried to copy wont work. I used the same methods as I did before and the same media. I have about 10 games that I have copied prior to this not working without a flaw. The games that Wouldnt work was NHL 2005, Mortal Kombat Deception, and Hot shots golf fore. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on? Is it because my swap magic is version 2? Would the Version 3 work for the games. Thanks for your help.

2. 48guinnes

48guinnes Member

take a look at the back of the disks - this happened to me alot!!!!! I nothiced that on the "bad" disks there seemed to be a haze where it stopped burning - not a clean break. Basically if you have this it was simply a bad burn

3. Dhubbard5

Dhubbard5 Member

I thought that it might just be a bad burn, but when I talked to modchip.com support they said that it was a good burn if the screen does not turn red. When I hit x to load the game it will go from green to blue (within 1/2 a sec) then act like it is going to load but it wont. I can see the definate line on the disc. I burned them all like 3 times each to make sure and they all do the same thing.

4. 48guinnes

48guinnes Member

I'm actually having the same problem with my swap magic and my no solder chip - I have a thread concerning this same problem on the forum

5. Dhubbard5

Dhubbard5 Member

Have you gotten any good info back? do you have the link to your forum? Thanks

6. 48guinnes

48guinnes Member

not yet...............the only thing is that they are asking if I'm using cheap media which I originally was but I don't understand why it was working great from the beginning?

7. Dhubbard5

Dhubbard5 Member

I actually think there are some bugs in the swap magic version 2.... Why else would they come out with a new version? It does say that it is 100% compatible with all disks, I ordered one and I will let you know if it fix's the problem. Later

8. 48guinnes

48guinnes Member

cool - if you could contact me i'd appreciate it!! Good luck

9. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

the version three swapmagic is refering to the CD that comes in the set, the dvd is still ver 2. that doesnt answer your question, but in my experience, swap magic tends to be a little finicky in general. I've had some games that burn fine but wont load, and on a second burning they played fine. i dont think theres an easy answer.

10. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I just remember if it flashes green right before turning blue, it means there could be a problem loading that disc. Sometimes it can still work, sometimes not.

11. Dhubbard5

Dhubbard5 Member

Yes there is a version 3 of the dvd disc. Go to modchip.com and check it out. Have a good one.

12. chromdome

chromdome Member

To Dhubbard5:

How did you talk to modchip.com? I've been waiting for an order from them for over a month and would love a number to call for them, if you still have it, send it my way, TIA.

13. Dhubbard5

Dhubbard5 Member

I emailed them. Yeah i have also been waiting on an order for a while. They took a while to get back but they finally did. They also said they were going to investigate my order.