1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

swap magic problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Leinad123, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

i recently purchased a swapmagic v3.3 and slidetool combo, i can slide the tray okay but when i load swap magic it says nothing about instert disk. it comes up with a screen with screen, and load on it. I select PAL screen option and go load and i can get the loading screen for the game I swaped but nothing more. Could this be that im using a shitty dvd disk or that im doin something wrong.
    plz help

2. sensiie

sensiie Member

Hey Leinad123,

what kind of media are you using dvd-r or +r and what brand?
    also why are you selecting pal? have you tried with the default("normal") setting?

does sound like crappy media issue, when I was using G05's(ridata 8x) I would experience the exact same thing you are describing. I have found that verbatim datalife plus dvd-r 2x or 4x are working great, tried a tdk armor and same results....

3. Leinad123

Leinad123 Member

yay, good to get a response, im using dvd-r with a cheap brand (cant remember whitch) and last night i bought a few TDK dvd-r's to try, when i try the tdk ones with dvd decryptor it come up with and error sign after about one min of attemped copying and it wont burn the iso to dvd.
    Should i try another brand possibly? or jus twiddle my thumbs and mucck around with the write speed.
    thx